The MIT Innovation Initiative Student Group Technical Project Grant supports student groups working to develop and build hardware/software projects and prototypes for their own exploration or for entrance into competitions.
Rules & Eligibility
- The MITii Student Group Technical Project Grant is for student groups working on a technical project or prototype. This grant is not meant to support events or treks.
- Projects can be either software or hardware.
- All student groups applying should be officially recognized by MIT and have a MIT Cost Object.
- Projects must abide by all MIT guidelines regarding use of funds.
- Applicants will be required to provide a budget for their project as part of the application.
- Students may request up to a $1,000 grant. Grants may be used to supplement other funding for a larger scale project.
- Grantees will be required to give a short activity report at the end of the grant period or after their project is complete. Whichever comes first.
Application Deadline & Selection
The deadline for the 2016-2017 grant cycle will be February 24, 2017. Applications are evaluated by the MIT Innovation Initiative faculty and staff members and applicants will be informed of the decisions by February 28, 2017.
Funds will be available for use the first week of March 2017. Awarded funds can only be transferred to a valid cost object in the MIT accounting system. Funds cannot be disbursed in the form of cash or a personal check. Applicants are responsible for providing the cost object as part of the application.
- Apply here
- Deadline to apply is February 24, 2017