Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds, like yours. If you’re motivated, want to be part of a unique, multicultural, collaborative, and inclusive community, and help shape the future – then take a look at our opportunities.
Office of Innovation HQ Overview:
The Office of Innovation HQ is charged with MIT-wide strategic planning and administration of the MIT innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) ecosystem. Reporting under the Office of the Provost, the Office of Innovation HQ is charged with responsibility for three functional areas:
- iHQ: Administration of the MIT Innovation Headquarters (iHQ), a new 25,000 sq.ft., multi-stakeholder innovation hub that supports a dozen resident DLCs, dozens of student groups, several thousand students, and the broader MIT I&E Community
- Innovation Services: Administration of an Innovation Services sub-unit, charged with providing centralized Administrative Officer and Fiscal Officer services to a growing portfolio of DLCs
- MIT I&E Ecosystem: The Office of Innovation HQ is broadly charged to act as the steward and builder of MIT’s I&E Ecosystem – working with MIT’s Senior Leadership and Resource Development, working across all MIT Areas/Schools/DLCs with faculty, staff, and students, and working with various stakeholders outside of MIT – with an overall goal of ensuring MIT remains at the forefront university-led innovation.
Part-time, Temporary: Events Assistant, MIT Office of InnovationHQ (MITOI), to play a crucial role in supporting all production, and operation aspects of events hosted at MIT InnovationHQ. Responsibilities include:
- Managing events on MITOI and iHQ websites and digital event platforms
- Overseeing technical logistics for in-person and virtual/hybrid events
- Developing and maintaining the master event calendar
- Working with MITOI communications/program management and event sponsors to create cohesive and strategic processes around promotion and communication with attendees pre-, during, and post-event, including invitations, registration, virtual event platforms, surveys, etc.
- Planning and supporting the facilitation of event-related cross-team meetings
- Provide support for space and facilities-related functions, including, but not limited to, vendor management, furniture moves, AV assistance, etc.
- Contributing to broader event-related activities, e.g., event software and platform updates, event logistics emails, registration, attendee management, and data cleaning
- Supporting the team in a variety of other capacities and supporting MITOI’s events program lead on ad-hoc projects as needed.
MIT Office of innovation is a small team of unceasingly inquisitive, data-obsessed problem-solvers who support the process of innovation—from idea through impact. Through our stewardship of iHQ, we engage & inspire the community that designs, builds, and executes the next generation of world-changing discoveries at MIT.
REQUIRED: bachelor’s degree; at least two years’ work experience in related area, including project management or events; flexibility; initiative; meticulous attention to detail; and ability to work independently and plan work efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
MITOI team members are expected to spend at least three days each week in-person in the office.
APPLY USING FORM BELOW