MIT Innovation Initiative Community Innovation Micro-Grants encourage innovation within the ecosystem—particularly between innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) focused student groups. Grants may support diverse groups who are working together on an event or project that will have impact on the I&E ecosystem at MIT.
Groups are encouraged to apply with proposals that strengthen the I&E ecosystem in new and creative ways. All proposals should directly state which “problems” their idea would attempt to solve. Examples include:
- Programs to increase access for and participation by underrepresented groups on campus (female graduate students in technical fields, underrepresented minorities across majors, etc.)
- Opportunities for cross-disciplinary team building and collaboration
- New types of programming, including MVP experiments to test any range of hypotheses
- Any other form of program, event, opportunity, etc. that could improve an element of the innovation and entrepreneurship landscape
Rules & Eligibility
- All student groups applying must be recognized by MIT and have an affiliated cost object.
- Projects and events must abide by all MIT guidelines regarding the use of funds.
- Applicants will be required to provide a budget for their project or event as part of the application.
- Students may request within three tiers of $500, $1,000, or $2,500 dollars. Grants may be used to supplement other funding for a large-scale event or project.
- Grantees will be required to give a short activity report at the end of the grant period or after their event or project is complete, whichever comes first.
Application Deadline & Selection
- The deadline for the Spring 2020 grant cycle is March 17, 2020.
- Applications will be judged based on the quality of the project or event and its overall impact on the I&E community.
- Funds will be available for use beginning the last week of March 2020. Awarded funds can only be transferred to a valid cost object in the MIT accounting system. Funds cannot be disbursed in the form of cash or a personal check.
To apply, fill out the application form below by March 17, 2020.
Questions? Contact Lauren Tyger