The MIT Innovation Initiative Student Group Collaboration Grant encourages partnerships between innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) focused student groups. Grants will support diverse groups who are working together on an event or project that will have impact on the I&E ecosystem here at MIT.
Rules & Eligibility
- All student groups applying should be officially recognized by MIT.
- Projects and events must abide by all MIT guidelines regarding use of funds.
- Student Group projects and events should involve at least two MIT student groups.
- Applicants will be required to provide a budget for their project or event as part of the application.
- Students may request either a $500 or $1,000 dollar grant. Grants may be used to supplement other funding for a large scale event or project.
- Grantees will be required to give a short activity report at the end of the grant period or after their event or project is complete. Whichever comes first.
Application Deadline & Selection
The deadline for the 2016-2017 grant cycle will be October 23, 2016. Applications are evaluated by the MIT Innovation Initiative faculty and staff members and applicants will be informed of the decisions by October 28, 2016.
Funds will be available for use the first week of November 2016. Awarded funds can only be transferred to a valid cost object in the MIT accounting system. Funds cannot be disbursed in the form of cash or a personal check. Applicants are responsible for providing the cost object as part of the application.
- To apply, fill out the application form here
- Deadline to apply is October 23, 2016