Powered by: MIT Innovation Initiative & Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship
Prepare to design and lead startup ventures. This course is intended for students who seek to leverage their engineering and science background through innovation-driven entrepreneurship. Open to all MIT undergraduates.
Pre-registration is now open for the spring term.
- Understand central challenges and choices facing startup innovators.
- Utilize best practices for primary market research to identify and understand potential customers.
- Design and implement ventures positioned for impact and scale.
- Professor Eugene Fitzgerald, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Professor Scott Stern, Sloan School of Management
- Professor Bill Aulet, Sloan School of Management
- Dr. Andreas Wankerl, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Venture Engineering is one of two required classes for the Undergraduate Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation and is complementary to the Innovation Engineering course in the fall.
15.373J / 2.912J / 3.085J (Venture Engineering)
Tuesdays @ 7:00–10:00 pm
Spring term pre-registration: December 3, 2018 to January 17, 2019 (by 5 pm)
Spring 2019 Add Date: March 8, 2019