The MIT Innovation Initiative collaborates with all five schools at MIT to strengthen the vibrant culture and programming of innovation and principled entrepreneurship. Our mission is to connect the varied pathways and networks in this domain to equip the MIT community and its partners to move powerful ideas from conception to impact.
We combine opportunities for hands-on innovation and entrepreneurship education, building a dynamic innovation infrastructure across campus, and fostering a connected community of innovation science researchers focused on global relevance and impact.
We are committed to strengthening MIT’s innovation and entrepreneurship landscape by:
- Serving as a connector across the wide range of student groups, programs, and campus centers dedicated to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Supporting MIT’s most successful innovation and entrepreneurship programs to reach more students and external partners.
- Filling gaps in the landscape through the creation of new educational programs, research efforts, and physical infrastructure that will position MIT to thrive for years to come.
Programs and Opportunities
- Education & Practice: In partnership with all five schools at MIT, the MIT Innovation Initiative works to expand capacity within existing programs in addition to creating new educational offerings that fill key gaps in the innovation and entrepreneurship landscape. The initiative administers the interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship & Innovation Minor, which prepares MIT undergraduates to serve as leaders in the innovation economy with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to develop, scale, and deliver breakthrough solutions to real-world problems.
- Infrastructure and Community: We also lead several efforts to strengthen MIT’s ability to provide students with hands-on opportunities to learn about making, prototyping and manufacturing. These activities are delivered through Project Manus, the MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node, and new campus innovation hubs for co-working and collaboration.