Hosted by: Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship
t=0: MIT’s campus-wide festival of entrepreneurship and innovation
September 9 – 15, 2017
MIT is known worldwide for innovation and entrepreneurship. t=0 is a festive week that brings together student clubs, departments, and startups to showcase innovation and entrepreneurship in multiple sectors.
In true MIT parlance, students recognize that t=0 means “the time is now,” a way of showing there is no better time than the present to get involved with the myriad organizations and activities devoted to entrepreneurship across campus.
Saturday, September 9
- MIT delta v Demo Day: Come see the world-changing startups coming out of MIT and the delta v accelerator program (2 pm @ Kresge Auditorium) Register here
Monday, September 11
- Creative Arts Sector Practice Leader & Arts @ MIT: Learn about all the opportunities available to students interested in Creative Arts entrepreneurship as well as the Hacking Arts weekend and meet the student leaders involved in arts and entrepreneurship at MIT (time & location TBD)
- “What’s Gov Got To Do With It? – Funding & Resources to Help You Save the World”: A conversation and Q&A with Jennifer Shieh ’03, chief scientist for the Small Business Innovation Research / Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR / STTR) programs, also known as America’s Seed Fund (6:30 pm @ E25-111) Register here
Tuesday, September 12
- MIT Entrepreneurship & Innovation Resource Roundup: Come by to learn about the many entrepreneurship and innovation resources available on campus this fall: classes, sources of funding, mentoring programs, makerspaces, prize competitions, and more. PLUS, free pizza!! Co-sponsored by the MIT Innovation Initiative (11:30 am @ Stata Center) More info here
- Healthcare Sector Practice Leader & Hacking Medicine event: Learn about all the opportunities available to students interested in healthcare startups as well as the Hacking Medicine weekend and meet the student leaders involved in healthcare and entrepreneurship at MIT (time & location TBD)
Wednesday, September 13
- Make Cool ShMIT: A fun evening of making with interesting maker goodie bags for teams to create cool stuff. No previous experience required! Come have fun making and sharing with other MIT makers. Co-sponsored by Project Manus. Space is limited! (5:30 pm @ Morss Hall) Register here
Thursday, September 14
- FinTech Sector Practice Leader event: Learn about all the opportunities available to students interested in FinTech startups and meet the student leaders involved in financial technology entrepreneurship at MIT (time & location TBD)
- MIT New York City delta v Demo Day: The student teams from MIT delta v as well as the startups from the MIT NYC Summer Startup Studio present their companies to an invitation only audience in New York City.
Friday, September 15
- BU Law Clinic: Meet the members of the BU Law Clinic team and learn how they can help student startups and entrepreneurs with legal advice for their ideas and companies (10 am – 4pm @ Martin Trust Center, E40-160)
- Pitch2Match: Wind up t=0 week at Pitch2Match and find your co-founder or next team member! Last year over 300 students from MIT and nearly a dozen other colleges and universities from Greater Boston pitched their skills and ambitions … all in 60 seconds each. Meet talented individuals you can team up with to make a difference. This is an incredible opportunity to share your skills and build your network (5:30 pm @ Stata Center)
For the most up-to-date schedule of activities, visit the Martin Trust Center website.